We are seeking an experienced Civil Engineer with 5-10 years relevant experience who can demonstrate the following attributes:
• Civil engineering degree qualification.
• A working knowledge and experience of relevant standards and specifications.
• Experience in a project environment providing quality technical knowledge and judgement and ability to lead medium to large size projects.
• Standard industry software skills including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, 12D, DRAINS.
• Substantial technical experience in all aspects of buildings civil design including; bulk earthworks, drainage, pavement, roads, site levels, specification, and implementation of digital design on project deliverables.
• The ability to lead and coordinate the production of high-quality engineering deliverables for construction
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders
• The ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams, either leading or participating
• A clear understanding of relevant local government, health and safety legislation and good practice.
• The willingness and ability to coach or mentor others to drive technical excellence
• Ability and willingness to travel interstate
• Demonstrate the Mott MacDonald core values of Progress, Respect, Integrity, Drive, and Excellence.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at reasonable. adjustments@mottmac. com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
This is a long-term career appointment with the opportunity to advance to a more senior position within Mott MacDonald.
There is no time like the present to make a change!
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all our sectors.
We are looking for a talented experienced civil engineer to play a pivotal role within our Built Environment team. This team is responsible for delivering of a variety of medium to large-size building projects in Australia and overseas with both private and public sector clients.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to:
• Join a friendly and supportive team of engineers and other construction professionals in a vibrant multi-disciplinary office in Adelaide
• Work with purpose and impact on a variety of challenging projects in a company that has strong values
• Enjoy the support and opportunities of a truly global network of talented professionals
• Be creative and broaden your capabilities
As an experienced Civil Engineer within the Built Environment team, the primary focus is the successful delivery and technical quality assurance, of commercial and residential multi-storey buildings. The successful candidate will also contribute to the winning of new work and the development of more junior staff.
Duties and Responsibilities Will Include
• Innovative concept design, detailed design and specification, and the production of all forms of technical engineering deliverables for medium to large-size Building projects within a multi-disciplinary design team.
• Integration with other disciplines.
• Construction support including staging, sequencing, and troubleshooting on construction activities.
• Management of project resources and budgets.
• Client and project stakeholder management, and coordination of project interfaces
• Technical, procedural, and behavioural leadership, and mentoring of more junior staff, to ensure minimum standards of health and safety, quality, and ethics are maintained in undertaking all projects and other activities
• Business development including developing and maintaining client and contractor relationships, and producing or contributing to winning proposals for new work
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
Our unique geographical location means that we are able to tap into expertise and resources from other countries in which we operate and so whether you are from a technical background or have traditionally worked in support services, you will be amazed at the career development opportunities that Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand can offer to you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence