- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity to work in an industry leading culture and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company with diverse projects
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Safety Engineer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Safety Engineer, you will work within the Electronic Warfare Sensors and Effectors (EWS&E) Program across a variety of projects from early life-cycle, concept demonstrators through to in service systems. The EWS&E Program comprises a number of small to medium sized projects which require commensurate Product Safety Engineering activities to be conducted to ensure BAESA delivers products and services that are safe to own and operate.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager on a variety of projects in the Electronic Warfare domain you will:
- Prepare, review and support the maintenance of System Safety Program Plan (SSPP) that are appropriate and relevant to the applicable project life-cycle phase
- Manage the System Safety Program in accordance with the SSPP
- Coordinate and communicate system safety activities within the project
- Lead the identification and assessment of hazards, and the development of mitigation strategies
- Manage and review the hazards and mitigation strategies to ensure residual risk is reduced
- Prepare Safety Assessment Reports to capture the outcomes of each project's safety program
- Conduct Safety Engineering activities required for Survey and Quote (S&Q) tasks including product safety and environmental impact review for offers
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A strong understanding of Safety Engineering practices and Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services
- Demonstrated experience working in Safety Engineering processes, methods, tools and lifecycles
- Proven ability to function across multiple project teams ensuring priorities and expectations are balanced to achieve program level outcomes
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification in Safety, Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or a suitable combined engineering discipline and engineering experience enabling for admission to Engineers Australia and meets or is working to meet the requirements of Chartered Professional Engineer
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.