The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
We are looking for an innovator and problem solver in the area of Rail Rolling Stock Electrical Engineering, namely at Senior/Associate level. This role requires the selected candidate to develop specifications, designs and tests of electrical components, installations and systems across light and heavy rail Rolling Stock platforms, and provide engineering solutions that meet or exceed client needs to industry standards or client's specifications.
Jacobs. A world where you can
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Bachelor) in a related Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience specifying, designing or testing Rolling Stock Electrical systems under limited supervision such as Traction & Auxiliary Power, auxiliary control systems, electrical cabling and electrical components
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industry standards from AS/RISSB and EN series
- Proficient use of CAD packages to prepare electrical schematics, wiring harness drawings and system architecture diagrams
- Awareness of electrical design, manufacture and test obligations relating to environmental performance, EMI / EMC, RAMS, SIL, and the demonstration of safety SFAIRP
- Experience leading small or low risk Rolling Stock projects
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Melbourne Flinders Street, Level 11, 452 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Melbourne, 3000Capabilities:
Transit and Rail