About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Senior Reliability Engineer, Maintenance Department (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Senior Reliability Engineer to join the team at Maules Creek. To efficiently manage and provide leadership to the Reliability Engineering teams to collate and identify the root cause of downtime, optimise and deliver equipment strategies, facilitate defect elimination and produce life cycle assessment to ensure all performance targets for Mining equipment and Coal handling & processing plant are achieved in cost effective, timely and safe manner
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure maintenance reliability program prioritise safety by encouraging proactive work to reduce need for potential high-risk tasks and focus on machine reliability to minimise exposure of maintenance personnel to hazardous tasks.
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring and developmental activities to members of the team driving a positive workplace culture that reflects Whitehaven Principles. Ensure training & succession plans are in place for the area.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and are followed up correctly to minimise and manage risk and oversee investigations where required, ensuring that the Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to assist in identifying and providing an injured employee with suitable duties whilst they are on a return to work plan.
- Coordinate the team of Reliability Engineers to assess the reliability of the processing plants & mining equipment through condition monitoring and the investigation of major downtime events. Provide via the team, accurate downtime data, ensure it is collected and analysed with action plans put in place as appropriate.
- Provide support to develop the Asset Business Plans, including the creation of a schedule of activities for equipment tactic development, defect elimination projects, training and professional development, shutdown support, and asset lifecycle analysis to ensure optimum plant reliability is achieved.
- Ensure the team identify the plant bottlenecks and facilitate the improvements for reducing unit costs.
- Facilitate Preventative Maintenance Optimisation and Reliability Centred Maintenance Projects to optimise maintenance strategies to manage risks and reduce unit cost.
- Provide via the team, a current list of rebuild specifications, ensure spare parts lists are updated with the Stores, and ensure all BOMs are reviewed and updated in the system. Provide improvements on any rebuilds and spares as required.
- Assist in preparing, managing and controlling the Reliability budgets.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor) qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ supervisory experience in maintenance management, project management or operational management roles.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ in the mining or heavy industry or mineral processing environments with strong working knowledge of Maintenance Planning and CMMS.
- Strong working knowledge of Scada and/or Mine management and/ or Fleet management and/ or Availability & Loss management systems
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary, Bonus and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader in a great part of rural NSW
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.