The Successful Candidate Will Have
• Self-Leadership: Taking responsibility for one's own behaviour and well-being.
• Team Leadership: Motivating people to do great work.
• Professional Excellence: Demonstrating a passion for continual learning and promote the use of global network systems to teams. Continually reviewing team capabilities and supporting their continual professional development.
• Communication: Confidently communicating in a way that is understood and is receptive to the opinion and views of others.
• Teamwork: Willingly work in cooperation with others.
• Written Skills: The ability to produce clear and logical written communication and presentations in English
• Experience: 5+ years' experience in a project environment providing quality technical knowledge and judgement and ability to lead small to medium size projects.
• Qualification: Relevant engineering degree (preferred but not essential); RIW Track & Civils Competence (Designer & Checker); ARTC Track & Civils Competence (Designer & Approver/Verifier); Chartered engineer or working towards chartership.
• Software: proficiency in MicroStation and Bentley Rail Track essential; OpenRail preferable. In return, we offer opportunities for strong career progression by contributing to boutique and large scale local and international projects.
We offer you all of the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like present to make a change.
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
Our unique geographical location means that we are able to tap into expertise and resources from other countries in which we operate and so whether you are from a technical background or have traditionally worked in support services, you will be amazed at the career development opportunities that Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand can offer to you.
Mott MacDonald is recruiting for track design engineers at all levels in Victoria. Reporting to Track Lead for Victoria, this role sits within the Rail Track team and will be responsible for developing permanent way engineering design solutions and advisory for rail projects.
Key Duties Will Include:
• Engaging with project team, client and external stakeholders as necessary to identify requirements and develop track engineering solutions.
• Developing permanent way engineering design solutions from concept design through to construction.
• Maintaining and developing personal key competencies in relationship to track & civil design and in accordance with the rail safety national law.
• Coordinating with other rail and civil engineering disciplines and actively participating in interdisciplinary workshops and risk assessments.
• Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with the appropriate legislation, corporate requirements and systems.
• Drafting, report writing, risk assessments and coordination with other rail and civil disciplines.
The Mott MacDonald Group is a growing engineering consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in all sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education, industry and communications. Our team consists of great engineers, project managers, leaders, digital designers, corporate services and advisors who want to shape the communities in which we live while opening opportunities for connected thinking with our clients, and with this growth comes opportunities.