At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Within our Sydney Roads & Highways team, an opportunity now exists for a Senior Project Manager who can lead the delivery of engineering projects within the Transport sector, with particular emphasis on Roads & Highways and Rail projects. We are specifically seeking candidates with experience delivering engineering services for major Design & Construct contracts, in addition to direct commissions.
The successful candidate will perform the Designated Project Executive role on a range of medium scale Roads & Highways, Rail and Civil projects, as well as managing and coordinating proposals.You should have a Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline, coupled with a vast amount of proven experience on major mulitdisciplinary Roads & Highways and/or Rail projects.
In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Experience in the successful delivery of engineering services through tendering, design and construction phases of major projects
- Breadth of knowledge across all project management fields including commercial performance & reporting, risk identification and interface management
- An understanding of how to manage design & operational risks, HSE, quality
- The ability to build appropriate relationships with relevant project stakeholders
- Knowledge of the local industry, particularly NSW Roads and Rail sectors
- Strong communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills
- A desire to achieve high quality outputs and deliver excellent service
- The drive to work towards achieving "best for project" outcomes
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Sydney Pacific Highway, Level 7, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW, North Sydney, 2060Capabilities:
Highway and Roads