About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia's Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine. About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer (Civil/ Structures) to work on a long term and iconic public infrastructure project based in Malaga, Western Australia. Key responsibilities
- Demonstrate a proactive approach towards workplace safety.
- Engage and motivate your team to ensure they perform to their full potential and meet performance objectives.
- Ensure works are carried out according to intended design and technical specifications.
- Coordinate the project activities and engage the subcontractors to ensure a safe, timely and quality product.
- Ensure work packs are up to date and created using Digital Engineering tools.
- Ensure MDR close out as the project progresses.
- Manage the technical risk and opportunities that present on the project alongside the project's Commercial Manager and maximise opportunities as they arise.
- Monitor the budget and risk registers for the project and assist with variations.
A relevant engineering degree (Civil or Structural) combined with previous experience in a similar role on large scale civil/rail/transport infrastructure projects, ideally in Australia.
You will have proven experience in successfully delivering large structural packages ideally for a Tier 1 Contractor. Benefits
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.