CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do. What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB Contractors along with our industry partners has been selected as preferred proponent to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
The RIS package is crucial to the overall delivery and success of Cross River Rail, and its integration with the Queensland Rail network. RIS will be delivered by the UNITY Alliance which brings CPB Contractors, UGL, AECOM and Jacobs together with partners HASSEL, RCS Australia, Acmena, Martinus Rail and WIRED Overhead Solutions to deliver the full scope of works over the next five years. This includes:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Brownfield rail surface works primarily to the north of the tunnel, including an upgrade of Exhibition Station and a major augmentation of Mayne Yard
- Upgrade of six suburban stations to the south between Fairfield and Salisbury
- Rail operational systems works
- Rail signalling works and communication, and integration and commission activities.
CPB Contractors are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer with a background in Structures/Bridges to join the CRR - RIS Project. Reporting to the Construction Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Managing and monitoring the completion of the project to ensure programme, budget, quality, environmental and contractual obligations are achieved safely, taking prompt corrective action where required
- Reviewing design and construction plans, schedules, temporary works designs, method statements and job safety analysis and quality
- Effectively assigning tasks to project team members to deliver the required outputs to agreed specifications
- Monitoring KPIs and productivity analysis against programme and budget as well as undertaking other administrative duties as required
- Mentoring Project, Site and Graduate Engineers
- Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Previous experience at a Senior Project Engineer level managing major packages on large scale building or infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast paced project environment and deliver on deadlines
- Hold proven verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain relationships across diverse stakeholders
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.