We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we're looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.Job Description
Coleman Rail has a long standing reputation as the leading rail and infrastructure contractor in Australia, providing construction services for major rail and transport infrastructure projects Australia-wide.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer (Rail Specialist) to join the Evolve Bayswater project. The new Bayswater Station project will become a keyMETRONET precinct with the Midland Line, Forrestfield-Airport Link and Morley-Ellenbrook Line connections, giving people the option to travel to the Airport, Swan Valley tourist region, the CBD and beyond.
The Senior Project Engineer (SPE) - Rail reports to the Rail Infrastructure Systems Manager and is responsible for the planning, execution and closing of a project. The SPE ensures that contractual profitability and obligations are met and maintained.Responsibilities
Required Skills and Competencies
- Work with the Rail Infrastructure Team to develop the required Rail Construction Management Plans required throughout the life of the project;
- Work with the Rail Infrastructure Team to develop the required Rail Safety Management Plans and Sub-Plans required throughout the life of the project;
- Work with the Rail Infrastructure Construction Team to ensure compliance with the Rail Safety National Law (WA) Act 2015 & Rail Safety National Law (WA) Regulations 2015;
- The ability to manage work and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve outcomes
- Lead and motivate the project-based Engineers in order to meet or exceed all project targets and objectives
- Monitor and report on project construction delivery costs and develop strategies and recommendations for recovery actions in the event of overruns
- Lead and prepare the development of appropriate construction methods and staging plans and programs that clearly spell out how the works will be constructed, complete with a related construction master program
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, drive the delivery of the project such that it meets or exceeds the project milestone dates
- Maintain a rolling 4-week program & resource plan with the Supervisors
- Ensure that the master project program is maintained up to date on a rolling monthly basis and accurately reflects the as-built dates for the activities, delay events and any resequencing of activities
- Ensure Safety, Environmental and Quality (and other) management systems and project plans are adequate, up to date, implemented and adhered to
- Prepare, manage and track budgets and financial reports
- Review the drawings and specifications to produce a Completion Report Tracker prior to undertaking the works, which is built upon and closed out during project delivery
- Prepare a construction budget, communicating this information (including production targets required to meet budget) clearly and concisely to the Supervisor/s
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering degree (or similar)
- At least 5years of experience as a project-based civil engineer in the construction engineering industry
- Demonstrated experience as an SPE with specific rail experience
- Demonstrated experience in disciplines such as rail and associated civil infrastructure
- Construction Induction Training (CIT/'White Card', formerly a 'Red Card'
- Rail Industry Worker (RIW) Card
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents are encouraged to apply
- Current Driver Licence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.