About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer (Rail Systems / Commissioning)
for a large-scale public infrastructure project based north of the river. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a people-centric, privately owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.Key responsibilities
You will provide support to the Commissioning Lead and you will be responsible for planning and sequencing of Rail Systems construction and commissioning activities, tracking costs, subcontractor management, interface with design management and construction delivery team whilst always adhering to Laing O'Rourke's safety policies & procedures. You will also be responsible for the direction, performance and mentoring of the direct report project and site engineers on the project.About you
- A relevant engineering degree combined with siginificant experience in large scale rail projects, ideally in Australia
- Knowledge of legislation, standards and guidance, processes and practices related to systems engineering for rail infrastructure projects
- Previous experience in preparation of the following documentation:
- Safety sub-plans for rail closure weekends, closure plans and sub-plans, and commissioning and interface sub-plans
- Entry Into Service requirements with completion registers, ITPs and commissioning documentation to support shutdown works
- Integration works defining hand-over requirements for signalling, communication, OLE, and track systems required for the interface with the new stations and the customer's network
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.