About the Project
The John Holland CPB Contractors JV (JHCPB) is delivering the $3.9bn Rozelle Interchange and Western Harbour Tunnel Enabling Works project. The Rozelle Interchange is the final stage of WestConnex. It is a new underground motorway interchange which provides connectivity to the M4-M5 Link Tunnels and the City West Link, and an underground bypass of Victoria Road between Iron Cove Bridge and Anzac Bridge. The Rozelle Interchange also provides a connection to the future Western Harbour Tunnel.
Rozelle Interchange is being delivered for Transport for NSW under a Design and Construct Deed.
The project scope includes the following:
About the Role
- An interchange at Rozelle and associated infrastructure providing connections from the Main Tunnel Works infrastructure to the surface road network at City West Link, Victoria Road, Iron Cove Bridge and Anzac Bridge
- Provision for connections to the future Western Harbour Tunnel
- Provision of more than 9 hectares of new public open space located at the site of the dis-used Rozelle Rail Yards.
We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer - Electrical with construction and/or commissioning experience to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team.
The role will incorporate a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Developing Scope of Works and management of awarded packages
- Interpreting designs for implementation in construction projects
- Coordinating and administering construction and/or commissioning activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Monitoring progress for adherence to program and report to the Project Manager
- Demonstrating financial management skills and commercial acumen when making decisions
- Assigning work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards
- Executing working knowledge of contractual and legislation relevant to the project
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Managing and mentoring a team of project, site and graduate engineers
- Demonstrating sound people management skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
To be considered you will demonstrate the following:
- Preferable 9+ years post graduate experience, ideally in an identical role across the execution of a major infrastructure project.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering.
- Electrical installation and commissioning experience on major infrastructure, resource, or process plant projects.
- Prior sub-contractor management experience and the ability to lead in the completion of key projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within sophisticated HSEQ systems.
- Experience in cost control - forecasting and reporting.
- Experience in commercial/contractual/procurement experience.
- Strong commercial focus / business acumen.
JHCPB is offering longevity of employment, guaranteed career development and the opportunity to deliver a key piece of Sydney's infrastructure.
As part of our recruitment commitment, we will endeavour to review and respond in a timely manner to all applications. Where applicable, evidence of tertiary qualifications and proof of right to work will be required prior to successful appointment.
JHCPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our project. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.Job Segment:
Project Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Procurement, Engineering, Operations