About the role
The role of the Senior Project Engineer - Civil & Buildings is to effectively coordinate the design, procurement and construction elements for a designated area on the project to ensure safety, time, cost and environmental objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate procurement for the designated work area and construction elements for the designated work area
- Manage the short and long term construction planning for works under control including submittals, start-up planning and programming
- Prepare accurate monthly reports and develop/monitor KPI and productivity analysis against program and budget
- Actively liaise with subcontractors, suppliers and with project team members
What we offer
- Either a recognised degree in engineering discipline OR other relevant tertiary qualification (TAFE or similar)
- Minimum 7 years Structures Project Engineering experience delivering Major Rail, Road or Tunnel Infrastructure Projects above 10M in value.
- Demonstrated commercial experience to include planning up to 4 weeks ahead and weekly reporting against cost and time
- Must have an Australian Drivers Licence
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
What makes you right for UGL
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity - in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.