About John Holland
We’re all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, property, rail, building and water projects in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?
About the Role
Due to significant growth in WA, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Engineer to join our John Holland Rail team. John Holland has been awarded The Koodaideri Project Phase 1 which is a greenfield rail project for Rio Tinto Iron Ore (RTIO). The Project requires a 170 km rail spur to connect the Koodaideri mine to the existing RTIO rail network, just south of Lyre Siding at Numbat.
This role will operate in a FIFO capacity on a 3/1 roster. Point of Hire for this position is Perth.
Responsibilities of the role include (but are by no means limited to):
- Manage on-site engineering functions through subordinates, which may include Project Engineers, and/or Cost/Planning Engineers
- Obtain relevant design parameter information for incorporation into detailed designs and construction specifications
- Monitor quality and quantities of incoming equipment and material, check work drawings, construction and specifications against site plans and conditions and arrange corrections or modifications where necessary.
- Coordinate the activities of an engineering team, programme workloads and provide technical and administrative guidance to the engineering staff to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved
- Ensure that project engineering completion is on time and within budget. Record completed work, costs incurred, materials used and retain progress drawings
- Accurate forecasts of costs and revenue and utilise corrective action in line with JH’s authority and reporting frameworks to maximise the profit margin
- Assign work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards of supplier, subcontractor quotations/purchase orders as well as subcontractor arrangements
- Participate in planning future requirements including machine tools, ancillary equipment, major plant and labour. Direct site surveys and preparatory work prior to construction.
- Liaise with clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and planning authorities to ensure satisfactory completion of structures and construction work
- Perform all duties in accordance with John Holland policies, processes, systems, reporting and procedures
To be successful in this key role, you must have;
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years post graduate engineering experience with 4+ years site based
- Greenfield and/or brownfield track construction experience
- Experience on > $50 M Projects
- Project Engineer and operational experience
- Advanced commercial acumen including cost reduction and meeting budgets
- Delivery of major projects and teams to program and budget specifications
- Understanding of the Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan, Environmental Management Plan and Projects Design Management Plan
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives.
Your success is reflected in ours, so we’re committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We’ll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.