QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our Advisory business, based in Canberra.
The successful candidate will provide engineering management support to the Project Manager on a complex project. The task includes development and review of engineering plans, providing engineering advice and support to the PM, reviewing engineering deliverables and liaising with key engineering stakeholders.
As a Senior Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of engineering plans and schedules
- Provision of engineering management support to the Project Manager
- Identify and plan engineering requirements
- High level stakeholder engagement with suppliers and sustainment organisations
To be successful in the role of Senior Project Engineer you will require:
Applicants MUST be eligible to obtain an Australian Government security clearance.
- Degree level qualifications in an engineering discipline (Aerospace)
- Experience as a Senior Engineer in a Defence project
- Experience within an aerospace project
- Well- developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse clients and stakeholders
- A collaborative and consultative mindset and approach
- Possession of at least an NV1 clearance upgradeable to NV2.
In our Advisory Services Division, everything starts with a problem that needs a solution. We act as an independent, technical partner for customers looking to procure defined services and develop specific capabilities. We help them diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance, enabling our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance. Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Loyalty Leave
- Leave Purchase
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq. com/au/Careers/Benefits *eligibility requirements apply.
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.