We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join our team.
Being a member of the Project Management team for a major Sydney-based remediation project, you’ll be providing leadership to ensure and confirm all relevant issues are identified and satisfactorily addressed for the Project.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager and in conjunction with the engineering, construction and remediation team, the Senior Project Engineer provides an independent review to ensure that the engineering, construction and operational management processes and procedures are implemented and maintained, ensuring compliance with client, legislation and internal requirements.
You will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager to:
- Provide management of subcontract and in-house subcontracts/suppliers, and assist with the preparation of construction/operational plans and procedures
- Administer the construction and quality management plan proactively, responding to issues and discussing mitigation measures with the project team
- Enable the effective flow and production of information in relation to engineering/construction/operational issues
- Contribute to achieving the successful delivery of the completed project on time, on budget and to fulfill the customers’ requirements on quality and function in a sustainable manner
- Deliver value by integration, planning, coordination, reduction of risk and innovation through collaborative and integrated working and value management processes
- Provide practical technical advice and assistance to other staff, within your area of responsibility, in relation to sound engineering/construction practices
- Prepare reports concerning engineering and construction issues, as required
- Manage subcontractors to complete projects to agreed timelines
- Understand Project and Package budgets, costs and variances each month
- Seek opportunities to reduce cost through collaboration and innovation
- Manage subcontract administration and delegate field management to Site Engineers and Supervisors/Foremen
- Prepare subcontract payment claims for processing by Finance Administrator
- Relevant tertiary qualification (university degree or acceptable diploma) in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years’ project experience on construction projects, with 2 years in a senior role
- High level of proficiency in the use of project-specific computer software and Microsoft Office, in conjunction with a deep understanding of cost control budgeting and management
- High level of understanding of the impact of WHS legislation on environmental management principles
- High level of understanding of relevant legislation
- Understanding of the requirements to comply with ISO 9001
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No-one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Applications close: 22 Nov 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time