About the project
Gold Coast Light Rail has transformed public transport on the Gold Coast, helping create an integrated network that connects more people to more places in one of Australia's most dynamic and fastest growing cities. John Holland is GoldlinQ's recommended design and construction contractor for GCLR3, to extend the existing light rail network by 6.7 kms from Broadbeach to Burleigh Heads, including eight new light rail stations, two new light rail-bus connections, and intersection upgrades along the alignment. Jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments, and the City of Gold Coast, this city-shaping project will link communities to business centres, shopping, dining, education, and medical facilities and cater to the Gold Coast's expected population growth in the coming decades. We are recruiting for talented and driven Senior Project Engineer with Civil/ Road's experience to join the team and play a key role in the successful delivery this iconic Queensland project. Key responsibilities will include:
What we're looking for is,
- Attend to the scope of work assigned with defined work methods and delivers the work in accordance with total project schedule; delivery of scope of works in accordance with total project schedule
- Maintain and update the contract program, including productivity unit and ensuring the timely notification of EOT's or delays
- Monitor and review the project task financial outcomes including project monthly forecasting and short-term cost controls
- Provide daily advice and support to field operations to ensure that daily targets are consistent with overall project targets
- Understand the obligations and rights under the head contract to identify, control, mitigate and report significant risks and opportunities
- Develop and retain people to produce high quality project outcomes
- Ensure project HSEQ objectives are set, shared and adhered to create an exemplary safety culture
- Degree qualified Civil Engineer with 10 + years post qualification experience.
- Previous local experience within a Tier One contractor for a minimum of 5 years.
- Delivery of infrastructure projects, with exposure to Bulk Earthworks, Drainage and Culverts in a road or rail construction environment
- Procurement and management of external suppliers; and Management of infrastructure
- Passion for teamwork and delivering on tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Understanding of HSEQ management systems, compliance, and reporting procedures
Consideration for this role will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.
We work hard to attract and retain the best employees, and we provide opportunities for rich career experiences, and a strong framework for on-going career development.Job Segment:
Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Procurement, Engineering, Operations