We're all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, property, rail, building and water projects in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?
The More Trains, More Services program will simplify and modernise the rail network creating high capacity, turn up and go services for many customers. It means customers can expect more frequent train services, with less wait times, less crowding on a simpler and more reliable network. John Holland is seeking a Senior Project Engineer - Track and Civil to join the team at MTMS, based at Eveleigh.
We are looking for a driven Leader with excellent knowledge of track construction and standards, particularly working within the Sydney Trains network. Responsibilities of the role include:
To be successful is this key role, you must have:
- Planning and delivery of track and CSR scope in a brownfield rail environmentAssisting management of track and civil workforce
- Authorise engagement of subcontractors, management of subcontractor work to achieve outcomes, and all major subcontract variations
- Monitor progress, ensuring that work quality and techniques are of a high standard and report regularly on project performance, and cost against company objectives
- Ensure correct supervisory levels, construction cost, schedule and change management
- Ensure that HSE requirements and risk controls are considered in all construction planning and processes
- Forecasting and cost control management
- Development of detailed hour by hour possession / shutdown programmes
- Tertiary degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years' rail experience
- Experience in delivery of turnout renewals and track construction within the Sydney Trains network
- Strong understanding of rail construction and Sydney Trains standards
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives. Your success is reflected in ours, so we're committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We'll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.