Senior Project Engineer
Pit N Portal is a part of the Emeco Group who was founded in 1972 and is listed on the ASX:EHL. Pit N Portal is an Australian mining services company based in Western Australia. Pit N Portal supplies total, whole-of-mine solutions across the country. With branch locations in Perth and Kalgoorlie, Pit N Portal is fast-growing and provides comprehensive mining and equipment services to our valued clients.
Pit N Portal provides its clients with operational expertise, equipment and a skilled underground mining team. From short term dry hire, through to full-service contract mining, PNP is flexible, which is a strong distinguishing feature of its service provision. Such versatility allows clients the option to 'pick and choose' relevant services while maintaining project control. About the Position
Due to company expansion, we are currently seeking an appropriately qualified Senior Project Engineer possessing extensive underground project experience to join our Perth based team.
The successful applicant will report to and work closely with the corporate and operational team, to assist the groups Project Managers with the technical mining support, interpret and analyse mining physicals and site costs and to integrate with the client technical services department. Other duties include (but not limited to) the following;
Your Skills and Experience
- Assist with preparation of project tenders;
- Compile EOM project reports and assist with claims management, KPI analysis, cost reductions or improvements and variations;
- Support the Assets and Operations Team with optimised equipment scheduling, planning, usage and costing is reported;
- Mine operating efficiencies are analysed to reduce cost and maximise return for stake holders;
- Ensure Client requirements are met contractual;
- Assist Project managers with the management of site contract, variations and management plans;
- Management of Quality Assurance Programs; and
- Assist with project budget and forecast preparations and reporting.
The successful applicant will need to display the following experience:
- Previous experience in underground mining;
- Bachelor Degree in Mine Engineering;
- Experience with understanding and responding to technical/mine engineering scopes of work;
- Knowledge and understanding of WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act (1994) and Regulations;
- Advance-level of proficiency with the MS Excel and with an Intermediate-level of proficiency in MS Office suite;
- Experience in Pronto, Pronamics and Deswik software is highly regarded;
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills and be an excellent communicator; and
- Ability to supervise, lead, assess and educate site personnel as required.
This position is permanent, full-time position working Monday to Friday.
Pit N Portal employees benefit from a culture that supports a safe, modern and secure working environment, favourable working conditions, training and development opportunities, career advancement opportunities, plus competitive financial benefits.
With an exciting and bright future, Pit N Portal is an excellent choice for anyone seeking a rewarding career in Australian underground mining services! Location
Maddington, WA. How to Apply
Shortlisting will begin immediately, so apply via the link (beside this ad). Completing this application will include a cover page outlining your suitability for this role and your resume (including any relevant certificates/licenses), demonstrating your experience and its relation to the criteria above.
If you have any questions in relation to this role, please contact our Talent Acquisition team on 9352 0698 . Pit N Portal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications received for our advertised positions, only those applicants who are short listed will be contacted. To those applicants not short listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Pit N Portal as a potential employer.
Please note: Agency referrals will not be accepted at this point of time.