Our established Perth team is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer. This role is suitable for a qualified candidate to take the lead on a diverse range of projects. The candidate will have significant experience (minimum 7 years) in land development and civil project design, management of project staff, and contribution to leadership of the office and the firm.
You will be able to draw on your practical and commercial experience in the land development and civil industry, in coordinating the delivery of teams and passing on your expertise and understanding of the consulting process. You will play a key role in the continued success and leadership of this business.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• tDeliver quality engineering and technical activities to achieve successful projects
• tExperienced dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies
• tSelf-management skills will be as important as your technical design and project management abilities
• tPrioritise workloads whilst ensuring our Clients' needs are met whilst maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with your colleague's both locally and across the international Stantec team.
• tBuild and develop your professional profile both internally and externally by consistently demonstrating an ability to successfully deliver projects.
• tMaintain an appropriate level of service to Clients.
• tAssist with project management, strategy and business development.
• tSupport other engineers in completing projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction.
• tExecute project design, documentation and contract administration services including regular project reviews
• tBe accurate, diligent and professional.
• tParticipate in meetings with clients and other consultants.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• tFlexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing or part time employment
• tLearning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• tMentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• tProfessional Memberships
• tIncome Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• tService Recognition Awards
• tEmployee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please apply directly using the link.
No Agency CVs will be accepted.
Senior Principal Civil Engineer
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• tBachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering; or similar
• tIdeally a minimum 7 years of professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
• tExperience at influencing and implementing strategy
• tSkills in design software such as 12D and Autocad would be advantageous but not essential.
• tKnowledge of Australian Standards
• tAbility to apply technical expertise in a way which balances commercial profitability, QA adherence, risk management and the morale of others.
• tGood communication and interpersonal skills
• tMentor and motivate teams
• tTechnically very strong in terms of understanding the key elements of the design and construction of land development.
• tAbility to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• tAttention to detail
• tAbility to use initiative and think outside the box
• tPositive, can-do attitude
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, environmental, and infrastructure projects to life.
Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Australia-Western Australia Perth