GHD has global expertise in Power Systems Engineering with significant experience in complex power system modelling for renewable energy projects. Furthermore, we have partnered up with a number of international renewable energy clients in developing cutting edge origination solutions.
With GHD's ever-increasing international focus on future energy solutions, we are further expanding our highly regarded teams across Australia by engaging with the top talents in the power systems industry to help us deliver leading-edge solutions to our global client-base.
These Senior Power Systems Engineer
positions can be based in either of our Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth or Hobart offices. Working as a valued member of our accomplished team of specialist engineers in this diverse field will see you involved with:
What would you bring to the team?
- Grid planning and specialized studies for utilities
- Developing static, dynamic and EMTP models with detailed control schemes
- Generating reports for Clients, Network Companies and the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Power quality studies and sizing of filter banks
- Working as a part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver 'future energy' solutions
- Work with our international and inter-state branches to deliver a wide range of renewable energy projects.
Interested? Apply now
- Relevant qualifications and a good academic record in electrical engineering
- Minimum 7 years of power system analysis experience in Australia, and stable employment history with previous employers
- Ability to work independently on challenging large-scale projects, consistent record of successful project delivery
- Power systems software expertise including PSS/E, PSCAD, PowerFactory and PSS-Sincal
- Advance programming skills in Fortran and Python
- Experience in grid forming and virtual grid technologies
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of Australian National Electricity Rules and International Standards
- Experience in load flow, short circuit analysis, dynamic studies and EMTP simulations
- Experience in R2 testing process
- Effective communication skills to liaise with clients
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.