• Degree qualified or equivalent in electrical engineering
• Accreditation as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or Registered Professional Engineer (RPEng) is desirable
• Relevant industry related is essential ie: engineering consultancy
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent business and technical writing skills
• Experience in Power Systems studies, including Earthing & Bonding and Protection & Coordination
• Experience in Electrical Control and Instrumentation design
• Experience in Concept and Detailed design of Power Systems elements
• Beneficial to have experience in designing using AutoCAD or MicroStation
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like where you would like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We are seeking to engage a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Senior Power Systems Engineer to contribute to the success of our growing Energy team in Sydney.
What you will bring to the team:
• Ability to lead design development and project teams for Power System elements within multi-disciplinary projects
• Be accountable for delivering quality outcomes on time and on budget, maintaining team collaboration and developing significant client relationships
• Providing technical leadership and guidance for emerging engineers
• Cultivate working relationships with Mott MacDonald interstate and overseas teams
• Participate in work winning activities, including developing client relationships and bid preparation
• Actively participate in the growth of the Energy Sector with primary focus on Power Systems for traction power, renewables and T&D
• Develop your own client base to provide a workstream for yourself as well as for the team
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
Our unique geographical location means that we are able to tap into expertise and resources from other countries in which we operate and so whether you are from a technical background or have traditionally worked in support services, you will be amazed at the career development opportunities that Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand can offer to you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence