South Australia is a remarkably livable place - offering rewarding career opportunities, an inspiring lifestyle and vibrant, welcoming communities. Balancing work, family life and recreation is easier in South Australia, with affordable housing, great schools and short commute times.
GHD's Transportation Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Pavement Engineer to work alongside industry-leading professionals, on a range of diverse, high-profile projects. The Senior Pavement Engineer is responsible for providing professional technical advice and solutions for a variety of transport projects. The role could be based in Melbourne or Adelaide. Complimenting our established Pavements & Geotechnical Engineering team capability, this position has great variety and will see you involved in:
What would you bring to the team?
- Leading the pavements discipline inputs into a number of transport projects
- Undertaking pavement thickness designs in accordance with Austroads Guide to Pavement Technology and DIT supplement to Austroads
- Providing engineering input into associated design documentation (drawings and technical specifications)
- Interpretation of geotechnical investigation reports to inform pavement design
- Pavement materials assessments and sound knowledge of innovative and sustainable pavement technologies
- Undertaking site inspections, pavement condition assessments and rehabilitation designs
- Construction phase support including response to RFIs and site surveillance (where required)
- Leading and preparing proposals and tender responses
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with existing and new clients
- Heavy duty pavement design (aviation and ports) opportunities will also be prevalent. Project management skills are favourable but not essential.
Interested? Apply now. Contact - Vibha Ruparel T
- Formal qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering a range of complex pavement projects within a consultancy environment
- Sound understanding of pavement engineering technologies and software
- Experience in developing and providing technical input to proposals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of integrity
+61 08 8111 6752
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanderpeoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.