About the role
Ventia deliver asset management, rehabilitation & maintenance services for the Western Roads Upgrade Project - a Major Roads Project. We are seeking a Senior Pavement Engineer to join our team to provide technical expertise to assist in the development of the annual pavement lifecycle resurfacing and rehabilitation works program.
We're seeking a Pavement engineer who is confident in data analysis and modelling to ensure that the right treatment is applied, leading to lowest whole of lifecycle cost and sustainable long-term maintenance for the asset.
This is a permanent full-time role based at WRU office in Laverton, North VIC.
- Analyse and review pavement information including but not limited to historical treatments, condition data
- Provide advice and management of specialised and detailed pavement testing requirements to manage the pavement assets more effectively
- Assist in detail scoping and treatment selection
- Quality control and assurance of the work delivered is to the scope, meeting standards set by DoT documentation and contractual requirements
- Management of Quality Systems
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering and pavement engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of civil engineering experience in roads and pavement infrastructure with extensive knowledge of pavement treatments, sealing and asphalting products and practices.
- Experience in whole of life cycle asset management
- Understanding of with Road Management Act, Road Management Plan and asset maintenance works
- Expert knowledge in pavement design process, construction and maintenance best practice to advise on pavement treatments
- Pavement modelling skills not essential but highly regarded.
- Deep understanding of DoT design and construction standards
What We Offer You
- Take advantage of a range of benefits offered by reputable organisations including health, insurance, banking, flights & accommodation and much more.
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
Select "Apply Now" to submit your application & CV.