Downer Mining have a new opportunity for a Senior Mining Engineer to join our dynamic team at Blackwater.
To be a suitable candidate for this role, you will need a commitment to safety, an extensive background in mining operations, and experience in a similar role. ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for ensuring production targets are met whilst maintaining a safety conscious, efficient, cost-effective and innovative work ethic. Key duties will also include:
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly mine plans for truck and shovel operations
- Work with the supervisors and operations superintendents to execute your plans
- Providing guidance and input into the pit design processes
- Providing guidance and technical support to other site engineers
- Assessing opportunities to maximise equipment utilisation
- Be part of a successful team with opportunities for further development
- Attending client meetings
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- You will have a Bachelor's degree in mining engineering or related discipline
- Extensive experience in a mining engineering role with a focus on truck and shovel operations
- Experience in Vulcan mine planning software is essential
- Experience with Deswik or Spry will be highly regarded
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to own your area and drive the outcomes
- Ability to engage with people and communicate effectively
- The motivation and ability to be self-driven, work autonomously and successfully work to deadlines
- Permanent position
- Flights provided to/from Brisbane
- Camp accommodation or housing allowances available
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive mining contractor
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
- The Blackwater Mine is situated 45min east of Emerald, in Central Qld. This project is one of Downers largest and longest running projects.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information, please contact brittney. moroko@downergroup. com ,however , applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.