At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.Job description:
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Senior Mining Engineer to join our team. The Senior Mining Engineer will be part of a team of technical professionals tasked with developing, executing and achieving the short (weekly) to medium term production plan
This role is offered on 8+6 roster DIDO, drive in roster time; or can be residential in company housing Monday to Friday work pattern.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world's most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site. This role is offered on a Monday to Friday work pattern, residential in Hopetoun with relocation services and rent free company housing or DIDO on 8/6 roster.About Us:
The project comprises five ore bodies, Halleys, Hale-Bopp, Shoemaker-Levy, Nindilbillup and Shoemaker-Levy North, with totalproven and probable reservesof 197.2 million tonnes at a grade of 0.6% nickel and 0.03% cobalt. Total mine life expectation is over 30 years.
The ore is taken from open pit in conventional Drill/Blast and Load/Haul OperationsDetailed information:
Specific requirements you will need:
- Development of the rolling three month mine plan and accurate and timely delivery of the mining schedule and associated deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Reconciliation of the three-month plan to other planning horizons.
- Assisting with and/or preparation of budgets, forecasts and other plans and schedules
- Deliver operational pit designs and related infrastructure designs for three-month schedules in order to optimise the associated resources and maximise the value of the mining business.
- Assist with the optimisation of the long-term plans (up to 5 Years), through application of sound mining engineering design and strategic consideration.
- Conducting project planning, producing project schedules, analysing project progress and reporting on the project planning indicators.
- Reviewing drill and blast designs submitted by mining contractor for subsequent approval by relevant parties
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of legal requirements of mining contracts.
- Technical competence in short-medium term planning and aptitude for interrogating plan output data.
- Technical competency with mining software packages such as Deswik (Highly preferred) - Surpac, and MineSched.
- Ability to build and manage contractor relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical detail to a variety of stakeholders
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. - to see more visit GoRNO. com.au
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers. first-quantum. com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.