South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets. Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia's South West.
Come and Progress your career at Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM) and be part of a can-do culture, where we support each other achieve our goals to ensure we can achieve anything together. At BBM we focus on performance by staying safe, growing and having fun.Location
This is offered as a full-time permanent opportunity based at the Worsley Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM). BBM is in a fantastic region with several great country towns in the region to choose from to call home. Enjoy fresh country air, the open space of Boddington Shire, with great infrastructure, schooling, sporting clubs and a thriving community. The region is only 80 minutes South of Perth and only 60 minutes from the coast.About the role
Are you looking for a Superintendent opportunity in the future and career development? Do you have untapped leadership potential?
Reporting to the Superintendent - Technical and Support, the purpose of the role is to coordinate and lead technical experts in providing specialised technical engineering support and expertise in the field of open pit mining operations, while contributing to organisational strategic direction. Primarily providing leadership and advice on fleet management, technology, business risks, budgeting and leading open pit mining practices.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with other members of technical and planning teams to deliver the most efficient and best outcomes for the operation
- Lead the process to develop operational budgets across the Operation
- Drive the change agenda to improve the long-term performance of the Operation
- Coordinate with production execution functions and improvement team members to scope, plan and implement operational improvements
- Develop metrics, processes and strategies to identify inefficiencies in the execution of work and manage the implementation of actions to sustain and continuous improvement
- Analyse and benchmark the production performance.
- Liaise with peers in other engineering functions across the business for exchange of engineering Subject Matter Expertise related to technical designs, planning and to promote alignment of relevant operating principles across the Operation
- Liaise with Group Technical Stewardship and Group Asset Management functional peers to promote alignment to best practice processes and systems
- Perform alternative/deputy Quarry manager duties for Boddington Bauxite Mine as specified under the Mine Safety and Inspection Act 1994 and Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, sciences, business or equivalent
- At least 10 years' experience working in a technical or operation role in an open cut mining environment
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers Ticket
- Experience with Fleet Management Systems, control room operation and a good understanding of mining technology and value-in-use fleet management practices
- Experience with assumption setting and budget process management
- Proven capability to operate in a complex environment, leading, influencing and facilitating diverse teams
- Technical background, with demonstrated experience in effective data analysis, reporting and continuous improvement methodologies
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Superannuation matching
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Please note: Applications close 28th of July 2021