What will you be doing?
- Opportunity to work for a global consultancy firm to deliver projects across the building services / infrastructure sectors
- Work within a supportive team of experienced industry leaders and professionals
- Flexible work environment
Our Buildings Design business has a growing pipeline of work on the horizon across NSW and VIC which has created an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join either our Melbourne or Sydney based team to deliver projects across the building services and infrastructure sectors with a particular focus on upcoming precincts and rail station design opportunities.
Your role will include but is not limited to:
QualificationsWho are we looking for?
- Providing input into the sector strategy/ business plans and making valuable contributions to our projects through innovation and technical solutions;
- Delivery of mechanical design on significant building projects across a range of sectors including infrastructure, rail, commercial, retail, education, and health;
- Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), taking responsibility for resource allocation, and ensuring the integrity of the overall design, quality assurance, and client expectations are met;
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement within the discipline area and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components;
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design; and
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry.
You will come to us with:
Who are we?
- Relevant engineering degree with Chartered status or equivalent professional accreditation;
- Post-graduate qualifications will be advantageous;
- Experience gained across the Building Services and Infrastructure sectors;
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical design and documentation standards;
- Experience of delivering designs and reports at all stages from concept through to final project and construction delivery;
- Ability to coordinate and liaise effectively with clients and contractors, and experience of construction phase assistance and inspections;
- Demonstrated experience of managing inter-disciplinary design interfaces and/or projects;
- Demonstrated technical, commercial and delivery acumen and ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills; and
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
For over 75 years Arcadis Australia Pacific has been a leader in built and natural asset design and management and we strive to create smart, sustainable solutions for our valued clients. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 28,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects. How are we different from others?
It is through our talented and passionate people and the unique combination of global knowledge and local expertise which enables us in shaping Australia's future. We are proud to work on iconic projects that improve quality of life not just in Australia but around the world. Our culture puts people first. Where everyone has the opportunity to own their career and transform their world. Why work for us?
You will experience more than a career - you will be working on industry-defining projects that will give you growth opportunities. The ability to work in an agile way means you can transform your world. And more broadly, the work that you do will benefit wider society.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2020 Flex Able Certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work Flex Able certified employer
At Arcadis, we choose to deal with you directly. We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply or visit our careers page for more information: www.arcadis. com/auscareers
If you know someone who would be a match or is also looking for exciting opportunity, we encourage you to share this opportunity.
We invite you to also join our Talent Community and stay up-to-date with the latest Arcadis jobs and receive exciting email updates.