Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.The opportunity
This is a Full Time, Temporary position for 6 months with opportunity to extend.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer
to support activities with Boeing Defence Australia. Your role will sit in the Mechanical Design and Product Testing team under the Mission Systems and Ground Systems Capability. What we do is design products, prototype solutions then plan and execute verification and validation activities to meet in service requirements.
This exciting opportunity will enable you to demonstrate your technical and leadership skills in the mechanical design domain, integrating hardware into military products and platforms. As a senior engineer on the team you will be looked to for coaching and support by early career engineers and relied upon by our leadership team to work in accordance with or values. Each program we execute is different, therefore you will need to be adaptable to change and prepared to experiment with new design methods while respecting the fundamentals. The role is based in Brisbane at Wacol and may require frequent travel to our offices in Brisbane City. Responsibilities
- Development and integration of mechanical design product elements
- Conduct and reporting of informal and formal test activities in alignment with other stakeholder schedule and requirements.
- Test procedure development and adhoc operation of test chambers and liaison with Boeing technical officers for environment al test execution.
- Design modelling using 3D CAD, FEA and CFD tools
- Working closely and collaboratively with colleagues, customer and supplier stakeholders to successfully deliver a complex innovative solution to the Australian Army.
- Demonstrated experience using 3D CAD, FEA and CFD tools to design products, before developing and testing product prototypes.
- Experience taking designs from the concept development and prototype phases into manufacturing and production.
- Qualifications in mechanical engineering or equivalent with practical experience applying environmental testing standards.
- Development and documentation of verification and validations plans, procedures and test reports.
- Has extensive experience leading complex verification and validation activities with subcontractors and customers.
- Ability to achieve registration as a professional engineer in Queensland (RPEQ).
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements. Desirable Experience/Qualifications
- Has experience conducting complex mechanical design and analysis using software packages including AutoCAD Inventor, Catia V5 and FEA tools.
- Knowledge of the DEF(AUST)5681, MIL-STD-810 and/or RTCA DO-160 verification methods or equivalent.
- Experience working in an agile hardware and software development environment
- Working knowledge of agile frameworks
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us. Benefits
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.