Australia - New South Wales, Sydney - AU Job Summary
As the world's most trusted infrastructure consulting firm, we're committed to managing our business with the upmost responsibility and to always strive for better - reducing emissions, creating social value or diversifying our senior leadership and workforce.
We understand both the urgency of the challenges facing our society and our responsibility to respond in an impactful and enduring way. Armed with this consciousness, we're leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future, partnering with those who want to make a positive difference in the world.
Our Buildings & Places Team is growing. In order to support a number of significant project wins and to support the continued growth of our business, we are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
The specific role is to provide mechanical services HVAC expertise and leadership through the provision of design services and advice to a broad range of clients and industry sectors (including Commercial, Retail, Education, Health and Defence) within New South Wales and throughout Australia.
Working within a highly motivated and driven team as a senior member, you will mentor our junior staff and develop our future engineers. The Senior role contributes to the winning, management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects. It is responsible for the management of project resources, budgets and timelines and enhancing client and team relationships. This role may assist with preparing proposals and presentations to clients to win work.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Building Services team, you will:
- Deliver design services and advice across a range of market sectors, including; Commercial, High-tech, Healthcare, Education and Defence;
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support the team of Drafters and Engineers with internal and external client delivery;
- Grow your technical skills as part of an experienced team;
- Provide guidance and mentoring to graduate engineers;
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision;
- Assist in work planning and programming within the team.
As a successful Mechanical Engineer in the Sydney Building Services team, you will have some of, or all the following attributes and skillsets:
- Proven knowledge and experience working within a technical design-focussed HVAC/Mechanical Engineering role;
- Experience working for a Building Services Consultancy or have demonstrable design experience working as a Mechanical Engineer in a Contractor or State Government;
- Ability to manage project priorities and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders around key project dates;
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Australian Building Services projects and standards;
- Passion in Mechanical Engineering and a proactive interest in developing your career in Mechanical Engineering and Building Services;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical design documentation under senior guidance;
- Exceptional levels of written and oral communication.
What We Offer
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering;
- Prior experience or understanding of Revit, not essential but advantageous.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Mechanical Business Line
B&P - Buildings & Places Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full-Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.