Invetech has been creating breakthrough products and custom automation systems for more than 30 years. With experience drawn from more than 5,000 projects globally, Invetech partners with global leaders in industry to deliver product design and development, contract manufacturing, and custom automation services. The company has experience in a broad range of market sectors including cell therapy production automation systems, laboratory diagnostics, point of care diagnostics, life sciences, industrial and consumer products. With active projects in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, Invetech is well positioned to service clients ranging from start-ups to established multinationals.Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive's well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company's operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive. com.Description:Who are we?
We are global innovators, product realisation partners, creators of breakthrough products and custom automation systems.
With over 30 years of experience within a range of healthcare market sectors we blend creativity, commercial know-how and technical acumen to help our clients create business success. This industry experience not only makes Invetech the clear choice for those who demand the highest standards from their product realisation partner, but it also makes us an employer of choice for those who want to make a difference in the industry.Are you passionate about the Healthcare Industry, and looking for your next opportunity?
We are excited to offer a new opportunity within our Mechanical Engineering Team, where you can use your experience in leading within dynamic teams on cutting edge projects. This is your chance to join our energetic and passionate team to prototype build, testing and development of mechanical subsystems with will ultimately support the design of products that can make a real difference in people's lives.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to deliver robust and high-quality mechanical solutions that are compliant with regulatory, as well as business quality requirements.
This role is offered on a 12-month fixed term contract with opportunities for extension and/or conversion to permanent.What you'll be doing?
Qualifications:What will you bring to the team?
- Develop instrument mechanical architecture and ensure quality of group mechanical deliverables
- Budget setting, tracking and forecasting for project mechanical effort
- Lead project mechanical team to deliver quality outcomes to schedule and budget
- Lead mechanical DfX efforts
- Provide support in response to requests for assistance in matters relating to mechanical engineering product issues
You will be a creative Engineer who thrives in complex engineering challenges, a system thinker who understands the big picture, and have hands-on experiences within the mechanical space to find innovative solutions to unravel challenging health care problems.
You are a team player, have sound judgment, using your strong communication skills to work collaboratively within cross functional teams and able to lead and coordinate team activities to realise the project goals with energy and passion.Skills/Experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least 6 years relevant experience in product development including complex electro-mechanical devices
- Extensive experience across the product development lifecycle
- Experience developing medical products highly regarded
- Demonstrated design expertise in at least one of the following disciplines: Robotics, Mechanisms, Structures, System analysis, Fluidics, Thermal control, Plastics molding
- Competent with MS Word and Excel
- Competency in CAD (Pro E/Solidworks) highly regarded
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing methods and working with suppliers
- Experience generating technical documents including design descriptions, test plans and reports
- Proven ability to lead, train, mentor, and coach others
- Attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated disposition and personal accountability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Opportunity to work on ground-breaking projects
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a large pool of experienced product engineers
- Flexible work options including work from home flexibility
- Onsite gym facility, free car parking & subsidized café
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you so please apply online today.
Invetech recognizes the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We believe everyone deserves the same opportunities in life, regardless of gender or identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, or age.