About John Holland
We're all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, property, rail, building and water projects in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?About the Role
As a Senior IT Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to plan, design and implement changes to the Azure and AWS infrastructure to improve functionality, automation, reliability, resiliency, performance and security. Working as part of a collaborative and supportive team, you will be passionate about delivering the highest level of service to your stakeholders and building effective relationships within the business.
This is an exciting time to be part of our IT team as we embark on a digital transformation journey where you will be key in supporting core applications and services within John Holland. Key responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Administration and management of a large and complex AD and Azure AD environment.
- Management of extensive O365 implementation and continued migration and adaption of O365 tools.
- Assist in the development of best practices, support knowledge transfer, events and serve as the overall technology evangelist.
- Ensure documentation for all configurations, standards & procedures and automate where possible.
- Provide on call support (level 3), via a managed rotation plan outside of business hours.
- Knowledge transfer within ICT and John Holland business groups, ensuring successful adoption and usage of solutions.
- Plan, manage, support, and complete service migrations.
- Build and maintain relationships with Product Management and Product Engineering teams to develop a deeper understanding of solutions.
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or experience that has delivered you similar knowledge and skills.
- Extensive experience with core Microsoft server products, including Active Directory (On prem and Azure AD), Exchange, IIS, Office 365 and SQL Server.
- 3+ years experience supporting AWS and Azure services at scale.
- Solid hands on infrastructure-as-code (IaC) development and deployment experience with ARM and/or CloudFormation.
- Scripting skills in either PowerShell, Python or Bash.
- Passion for mentoring, coaching, and training.
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification will be highly regarded.
Your success is reflected in ours, so we're committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We'll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety.
We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.