Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer to join our team in Melbourne on a contract. Reporting to the Lead E&I Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting various projects based in our Melbourne office.
- Responsible for functional engineering services to a dedicated project or suite of projects
- Responsible for leadership of a functional area on small to medium projects
- Take responsibility for study, design, specification and services related to the engineering discipline
- Provide detailed disciple engineering input during all design phases including interpretation of standards
- Provide engineering support to construction & commissioning phase of a project
Skills / Qualifications
- Proven experience in the Offshore and Onshore LNG, O&G brownfields engineering EPCM Sector in Australia
- Knowledge of SPI for the development of I&C engineering deliverables, control systems, shutdown PLC hardware and software design
- Writing & reviewing instrumentation,valves,safety equipment,control systems & communication system specification
- Extensive design and knowledge of applicable codes and standards (both international and Australian)
- Proven experience managing risk during the design process consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in client facing roles
- Be prepared to undertake site visits either onshore / offshore
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver to deadlines
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Capable of communicating and interfacing effectively with other disciplines, project managers, and clients' representatives
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Senior Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc. com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.