About the role
Our Water Resources team is looking for an experienced surface water engineer who is keen to undertake challenging technical work to help our clients.
The purpose of this role is to undertake surface water related studies and assessments and to collaboratively work with other disciplines. You will be required to write proposals, manage and undertake hydrological and hydraulic projects and help to further develop our team. We provide a flexible work environment, a diverse team and a competitive salary package.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking and leading a range of hydrologic and hydraulic projects
- Completing office-based surface water related assessments, including the use of a variety of modelling software packages
- Data collation and analysis
- Providing hydrological and hydraulic support to other technical disciplines within Jacobs, including for infrastructure projects.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders and regulators.
- Liaison with Jacobs teams across the globe
- Presenting information to senior management at meetings in a concise and effective manner.
- Authoring and reviewing assessments / reports
- Mentoring of staff
- Driving a culture of innovation / looking to do things differently
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- A tertiary degree in environmental, civil or chemical engineering.
- 3-8 years' experience as engineer in the water industry.
- Motivated and able to work independently, with support from senior staff and colleagues.
- Motivated and willing to mentor and support other team members
- Experience with relevant computer modelling packages such as TUFLOW, MIKE, HECRAS, XPRAFTS, RORB, URBS, QGIS, ARCGis and MapInfo would be advantageous
As one of the world's most value resources, our team is solving some of the world's most complex water issues. Whether it's assessing flood risks, distributing or storing water, Jacobs reaches across boundaries and collaborates to successfully deliver customized innovative solutions. We provide you the means and tools to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects to grow your career and help protect this valuable resource. Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Brisbane Cordelia Street, Level 7, 32 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, South Brisbane, 4101Capabilities:
Water and Wastewater