- Opportunity to work on top-tier projects
- Flexible working hours with supportive working from home environment
- Join our growing Geotechnical & Tunnels group
With approximately 6,100 across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer
to join any of our offices across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra. This is a challenging role that will see you lead the delivery of best-practice geotechnical consulting services to Defence clients throughout Australia and collaborate with other discipline leaders to deliver multi-disciplinary projects in the Defence sector.
You will be part of our accomplished Geotechnical and Tunnels section and will work alongside our established team of Geotechnical and Tunnelling technical experts, assisting in bidding and delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
Your technical expertise will be deployed across projects in the transport, power, water, mining, property and government sectors to continue the growth of an already successful and reputable capability.
Some of the key projects we have delivered nationally include:
What you will do
- RAAF Base Tindal and KC-30A Redevelopment
- Robertson Barracks Improvements Project, Darwin, NT
- RAAF Base Curtin Redevelopment project
What we will love about you
- Deliver best practice consulting services to clients, focusing on Defence projects across Australia
- Client relationship management including managing key Defence infrastructure contractor client relationships and the development of relationships with new clients
- Support for proposal submission / preparation in the pursuit of Defence sector opportunities
- Leadership of project teams and project management including budgetary and quality control for consulting assignments
- Leverage the strength and depth of the geotechnical team across Australia to deliver efficient, practical and innovative solutions to clients in the Defence sector.
- Liaising with technical specialists from other disciplines or offices, building relationships with key internal stakeholders working in Defence both geographically and across various services lines.
- Mentoring and coaching staff with respect to their career growth and professional development
- Participation in the national and global geotechnical communities within projects and Defence industry groups
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Typically 7 to 15+ years' experience in geotechnical engineering
- Tertiary qualified in civil and/or geotechnical engineering with CPEng accreditation.
- Significant geotechnical experience gained in a consultancy environment and preferably experience on large, intermediate and small size Defence projects is desired but not essential
- People management experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information.
- Flexible, adaptive to change and demanding conditions.
- Collaborative approach and ability to build teams and rapport amongst clients, colleagues and other industry leaders.
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.