Cardno Geosciences is an integrated geotechnical engineering, hydrogeological and environmental consultant to a wide range of clients working on infrastructure and developments, both for private and public entities across Australia. With Cardno having a significant backlog of work on major infrastructure projects, as well as other significant multidisciplinary projects, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Melbourne team on a permanent basis.Job Description:
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists around the world has 75 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
At Cardno we invest in our people - providing exceptional development programs and benefits to support and reward you along the way. Embrace the opportunities our global network offers, as we work together to keep our business, clients and communities thriving.
We also believe that balance and flexibility is the key to happiness and fulfilment. We're more than just who we are at work, and we value who you are beyond Cardno, so we support you to thrive in all aspects of your life. Through Cardno's industry leading flexibility policy 'Work Your Way', we encourage applicants who would prefer to work flexibly, including part time and full time to meet your individual circumstances, to apply. The role
Cardno Geosciences is an integrated geotechnical engineering, hydrogeological and environmental consultant to a wide range of clients working on infrastructure and developments, both for private and public entities across Australia. With Cardno having a significant backlog of work on major infrastructure projects, as well as other significant multidisciplinary projects, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Melbourne team on a permanent basis.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Strive to achieve personal goals for technical expertise and recognition within the industry
- Consolidate, develop and mature Cardno's geotechnical engineering expertise to complement the services we currently provide in geoscience, water and environment, urban, infrastructure, civil, maritime and structural engineering disciplines
- Develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients
- Bid pursuits and preparation of proposals for a variety of projects
- Maintain direct liaison with clients relating to job programs and preparation of appropriate project reports (monthly, quarterly, final project report, etc).
- Oversee and manage projects to ensure work output is of a technically high standard and activities are commercially viable for the business.
- Plan resource needs in consultation with project managers working within the geotechnical group or requiring services of the geotechnical group. Assist with long- and short-term planning for the geotechnical group
- Actively participate in activities which develop and promote your career, that of your colleagues and the Cardno Organisation
To be successful you will display -
What Cardno would like to offer you?
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering with completion of geotechnical electives and/or major as part of your university studies
- Demonstrated 6-10 years' practical experience with a geotechnical engineering consultant
- Experience in field geotechnical investigations including logging and supervision of geotechnical drilling activities
- Experienced in Melbourne market/projects is a plus
- Previous experience with engineering software packages such as gINT, GEOSLOPE, PLAXIS, ROCSCIENCE, AutoCAD would be of assistance
- A demonstrated passion for working in the geotechnical engineering discipline
- High level report writing with excellent communication skills
- Adept to working within a team environment through well-developed interpersonal skills
- A positive person with a proactive attitude
- Keen to get involved and learn from others including other disciplines, whilst also contributing to a vibrant team
- Chartered status (eg CPEng), is highly desirable and if not, conscientiously working towards achieving it.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
At Cardno, we provide our team with a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure their professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Industry leading Parental Leave
- Purchased leave options
- Salary packaging
- Discounted financial, travel, vehicle, retail and technology offers
- Health and Wellbeing benefits
- Free on-site gym
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.Notice to recruitment agencies
: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
www.cardno. com/careersCardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.