We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer
in our Melbourne office. This key role will provide a balance of technical work, project management, business development and mentoring.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across a broad portfolio of projects within a diverse and incredibly passionate geotechnical team. You will be managing projects as well as designing and reviewing geotechnical work to provide our clients with support in delivering projects benefitting their communities. Working with the Team Leader - Geotechnical Engineering, this challenging position has great variety and will see you involved in:
What would you bring to the team?
- Working with a wide range of experienced and highly qualified geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, geophysicists, hydrogeologists and geotechnicians
- Contribute to the delivery of projects, ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard
- Undertaking fieldwork activities commensurate with your experience level as business requirements dictate
- Undertaking geotechnical analyses in areas such as deep excavations, slope stability, foundations, retaining walls, pavement designs etc.
- Undertake interpretation and analysis of data to develop and implement practical and commercial solutions
- Client interaction through pursuit, tendering and delivery phases of projects, along with great opportunities to take on business development tasks in our relationship-oriented business
- Working with junior team members to build and develop their skills to ensure the continuing success of the team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications together with significant consulting experience in the geotechnical analysis and design space
- A minimum of 10 years' industry experience
- Excellent analytical skills with geotechnical software packages (PLAXIS 2D/3D, SLOPE/W, LPILE etc.)
- Ability to write clear and concise geotechnical factual and interpretive reports
- Project management skills appropriate for large or complex projects
- Strong capability to coach and mentor other engineers
- Highly developed people management, interpersonal, negotiation and report writing skills
- CPEng accreditation (or close to achieving same)
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. Interested? Apply now.
Contact Kate Chamberlain
T +61 3 8651 9204
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.