Australia - New South Wales, Sydney - AUJob Summary
As a fire safety engineer, you will be experienced in client relationship management, delivering projects to clients on time and on budget in an independent manner. You will have significant expertise in developing performance-based fire-engineered strategies across a wide range of bespoke buildings and infrastructure projects. Your primary focus with your career will be the technical delivery of performance-based solutions along with a commitment to support the state and wider national fire engineering team.
As a fire safety engineer, you will have the following:
- Substantial technical experience of fire engineering from first principles and the ability to lead a large-scale fire engineering project from concept stage through to building occupation.
- Successful project and client management
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment
- Goal of developing your career in a global and dynamic company
- Provide training and support to graduate-level staff.
- Prior experience in Australia as a Fire Safety Engineer.
- A relevant engineering qualification, preferable in Fire Engineering.
- A thorough understanding of the Building Code of Australia.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experienced in preparing Fire Engineering Briefs, Fire Engineering Reports and Fire Engineering Strategies.
- A strong background in the use of computer-based modelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of the business.
- Interest in developing your career further within the fire safety engineering field.
What We Offer
- To have started the process of achieving the career goals of CPEng, NER Fire Safety.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - MechanicalBusiness Line
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.