Warringtonfire has an opportunity for a Senior Fire Safety Engineer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a Global TIC business. Warringtonfire exists to help make certain that the materials, products and processes that we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose. Warringtonfire is proud to be part of Element, the market leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
To be a senior member of a specialist team of engineers, mentoring junior staff, reviewing designs and reports, and providing excellent service and fire safety engineering solutions to our clients.
- Undertake fire safety engineering analysis, fire and evacuation modelling, risk assessment and site visits / inspections to evaluate fire safety of buildings and infrastructure
- Prepare fire safety engineering briefs and fire safety engineering reports
- Positive client contact including design meetings, phone calls and other correspondence
- Liaise with clients and design teams and discuss / negotiate with the fire brigades and approval authorities
- Pro-actively seek and create opportunities for new business with both new and existing clients. This includes marketing via face to face meetings, preparation of promotional material, writing articles to be published and presentation at conferences and seminars as appropriate
- Manage complex projects and contribute to project teams
- Review and sign (when applicable) fire safety engineering designs and reports
- Mentor / coach junior staff members
- Advance the intellectual property of the Company, including the development of standardised reports, methodologies, computer programs and ideas
- Manage own time, quality and technical performance
- Understand and follow QA procedures
- Contribute positively to an enjoyable and productive team environment, consistent with the values of Warringtonfire
- Promote the vision, mission and core values of Warringtonfire to all staff and clients
- Liaise with industry and government bodies regarding technical issues relating to the built environment and fire safety issues to promote Exova Defire’s position regarding these issues
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of company policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and implementation of long term strategy
- Promote the strategic direction of Warringtonfire to the staff
- Identify and pro-actively seek opportunities for growth of the business – both geographical expansions of the core business as well as new ventures
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers and regulatory/official bodies
- Represent Warringtonfire at fire safety conferences and other relevant meetings
Skills / Qualifications
- University engineering undergraduate degree or higher or other equivalent degree.
- Be registered or be eligible for one or more of the following accreditations:
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) registered on the National Engineering Register - Fire safety engineering (NER)
- Accredited certifier through the Building Professionals Board (BPB) – C10 fire safety engineering compliance
- Registered professional engineer Queensland (RPEQ) – fire safety engineering with Board of Professional Engineers Queensland
- Registered building practitioner (RPB) Engineer – fire safety with the Victorian Building Authority
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to write clear and concise reports
- The ability to review reports to ensure the quality of our work and provide constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with our clients
- The ability to manage a group of engineers within a team environment
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and flexibility
Please apply by email to Leigh.McComish@element.com
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.