Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
This an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Fire Engineer to join our Fire Engineering team in our growing Sydney office. You have extensive experience and are proactive and professional, looking to work in a culture that is committed to quality output.
You will be supporting the Section Manager and Project Engineers. You'll have the opportunity to gain practical experience whilst working on variety of project types including rail, justice, retail, commercial, residential, industrial, healthcare, and educational.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• tLead Fire Engineering design teams on projects
• tComplete projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction
• tExecute project design, documentation and contract administration services including regular project reviews, liaison with Client and consultant team, liaison with authorities, reporting and site construction monitoring
• tLiaise with local authorities and contractors
• tTrain and mentor younger staff
• tAdhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures.
• tContribute to our company culture
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• t5+ years of consulting experience within the building services industry
• tSound knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards
• tAbility to produce scientific calculations related to fires, smoke movement and occupant evacuation
• tAbility to independently undertake project and technical analyses
• tExperience in CFD fire modelling and evacuation modelling preferable.
• tDevelopment of safe alternative fire safety solutions using the principles of fire science
• tQualification in Fire Engineering preferable.
• tExcellent written and verbal communication skills.
• tAbility to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• tPrevious experience in a similar role highly desirable
• tThe ability to use initiative and think outside the box
Senior Fire Engineer
Bachelor of Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-New South Wales Sydney
New South Wales
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans