Cardno is currently seeking highly motivated and passionate Senior Environmental Scientist / Engineer to join our Contaminated Land team in Victoria. Cardno currently operates offices in Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat (with flexibility to be based out of these locations) and we have also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust.Job Description:The role
Cardno is currently seeking highly motivated and passionate Senior Environmental Scientist / Engineer to join our Contaminated Land team in Victoria. Cardno currently operates offices in Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat (with flexibility to be based out of these locations) and we have also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust.
Joining Cardno means being part of something more than the average engineering firm. We are small enough that everyone knows each other, but big enough to tackle the large and interesting projects.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Project Manage contaminated land related projects and teams to ensure work output is of a technically high standard and activities are commercially viable for the business.
- Undertake day-to-day supervision of both professional and non-professional staff working on projects.
- Plan resource needs in consultation with management, team leaders and project managers working within the Business Unit
- Scope and design of contaminated land and groundwater investigations
- Preparing proposals, reports and management plans within given timeframes
- Participate in long and short term planning for the Business Unit.
- Develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Maintain direct liaison with clients relating to job programs and preparation of appropriate project reports.
- Negotiate with clients regarding proposal scope and terms, amendments to project scopes and work to minimise the effect on project time and budget allocation.
To be successful you will display -
Why join Cardno?
- Degree level qualifications in Environmental Science/Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Chemistry or related field
- Demonstrated 6-12 years' experience within the field of contaminated land assessment and/or environmental assessment and approvals
- Demonstrated skills in project management is essential
- Strong analytical, reporting and verbal communication skills
- A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments.
- An ability to interpret and carry out instructions while ensuring safety is at the forefront of all operations
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
www.cardno. com/careersCardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.