Due to an exciting and growing pipeline of state significant projects in the energy and transport sectors, we are looking for professional or senior Environmental Planners / Scientists to join our industry-leading team in Sydney.
In this role, you will be able to put your innovative thinking, technical excellence, and passion for the environment into high gear. You will have the opportunity to work in a truly flexible environment, delivering solutions for our clients and being mentored by our strong cohort of industry-leading environmental impact assessment directors.
Our Environment Team helps private and public sector clients across NSW, Australia, and around the world deliver for their stakeholders while promoting resilience, achieving compliance, and mitigating impacts and risks to our communities and natural environment.
You will be part of a close-knit, high-performing team, known for our excellent delivery for our clients. Our large environment team comprises a diverse range of specialties: impact assessment, climate change resilience, communications, heritage, contaminated land and construction environmental management. We are renowned for delivering best practice environmental impact assessment and strategic advisory services for all phases of our clients' infrastructure projects from strategic business case, planning approvals, through construction to operation.
This role will provide an exceptional opportunity for you to work on range of projects extending from high profile, technically complex major infrastructure, in both urban and regional contexts, to strategically important asset improvements across a full suite of sectors including:
- Transport (public transport, active transport (cycleways), road, heavy/light rail, marine)
- Renewable energy (solar, wind, biofuels, battery)
- Power (including transition of the energy network for a renewable future)
- Water utilities
- Social infrastructure
- Urban renewal, placemaking, and activation precincts
- Oil and gas and industry
- Provide environmental impact assessment expertise to resolve client/project requirements
- Draft formal reports, proposals, tender documents, and correspondence
- Manage tasks, budgets, and technical specialist inputs to meet time and resource requirements
- Undertake ad hoc project related tasks as required which may include studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, and presentations
- Assist project managers in managing project budgets and project resources to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, and internal design teams and technical specialists
We are looking for an experienced environmental candidate who can prepare timely and high-quality inputs for the delivery of environmental impact assessments, constraints analyses, and environmental management plans and assist in the organisation of resources, budgets, and timelines for the management of these projects.
You will work collaboratively with peers to prepare advice, reports, and proposals to clients, and develop effective relationships with our clients, in-house design teams, and technical specialists to ensure projects are delivered successfully.
You will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. B. Env Sc, Env Planning, Env Eng.) and have exceptional written and oral communication skills, report and proposal writing skills. Preferred Qualifications
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. B. Env Sc, Env Planning, Env Eng.)
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Environmental Business Line
Environment Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.