When it comes to environmental consulting, we see the world as our greatest resource. That's why clients trust Jacobs to help solve their most complex environmental challenges and opportunities. We partner with government agencies, municipalities, private sector companies and leading environmental organisations to safely clean-up legacy liabilities for redevelopment, and deliver proven industry expertise on new infrastructure, sustainability and environmental health and safety initiatives around the globe. With a strong pipeline of work in Victoria, we currently have an exciting opportunity in Melbourne for a Principal Environmental Management Consultant to join our team. Our current and emerging projects span a variety of sectors including transport infrastructure, power and energy, water, renewables, waste to energy, Defence and industrial. This solid pipeline provides our team with tremendous career opportunities, signature projects and a diversity of invigorating work. With in-house teams covering all environmental, planning and spatial disciplines as well as other technical/engineering teams, our people have plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth. #ANZEnviro #LI-LM1234
We are looking for a motivated and collaborative individual with extensive experience in Environment Effects Statements (EESs), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA); environmental risk assessments; feasibility studies and multi-criteria assessments; development and implementation of environmental management systems; auditing and compliance assessments and due diligence advice in transactional services.
The successful candidate will play a key role contributing to the growth and successful performance of our Environmental Management services, both in Victoria and nationally.You are a remarkable leader in the environmental field, revered by your peers and clients for your supreme project delivery and client focus. An outstanding networker, people come to you for your help in solving challenges. You have extensive experience (15+ years) - across sectors, project size and project life cycle - enabling you to provide a range of solutions to clients. A creative and innovative thinker, you will see opportunities to do things better, bringing value to clients and to the business. You will have substantial experience in the provision of health, safety and environmental services, and demonstrated delivery of EESs, EIAs, environmental risk assessments, feasibility studies and management of large multidisciplinary projects.
Skills and requirements for the role include:
Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Exceptional understanding and up-to-date working knowledge of environmental legislation, particularly in Victoria but also including the requirements across multiple State and Commonwealth jurisdictions
- Proven Project Management experience in the delivery of large multi-disciplinary projects, as Project Director and Project Manager
- Well developed commercial acumen and business development skills
- Leadership within project teams across all disciplines and leadership within the business
- Strong engagement and communication skills to liaise with relevant authorities and key stakeholders
- Extensive experience in the development and successful delivery of complex environmental/sustainability strategies and outcomes
- Knowledge of the current and leading industry standards to manage environmental risks
- Undertake technical reviews of specialist reports and submissions for statutory approvals
- Provide mentoring, guidance and support to junior staff across the national practice area
- Outstanding client relationships and industry links which generate new business opportunities
- Expert subject matter knowledge and experience in at least several of the following sectors: rail industry, Defence, roads, renewables (wind, solar, hydro, batteries), waste management, waste-to-energy, hydrogen, industrial, power and energy, water sector, construction environmental management
- If you are seeking to contribute to high profile projects that will lead to excellent career prospects within one of the largest global engineering firms then we encourage you to apply.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place.
No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.Organization:
AU - Melbourne Flinders Street, Level 11, 452 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Melbourne, 3000Capabilities: