At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you. Role description:
We are currently looking for a Senior Communications Engineer to meet the demands of our strong and growing project pipeline in Perth. Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Design of a variety of communications systems for Railways, Stations and associated infrastructure;
- Review, correction and control of designs performed by other team members;
- Independent Verification of designs by external Consultants and Contractors
- Project management including resource allocation, overseeing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design with interstate and offshore offices;
- Ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback;
- Managing relationships with Project Managers and the Client, keeping them informed of all developments, changes, modifications associated with the project; and
- Providing leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members.
Firstly, you share our passion for improving quality of life. You are a degree qualified engineer with experience in the rail industry and are highly regarded for your ability to manage stakeholders, clients and build relationships through your effective communication skills. You will come to us with:
- Confidence supervising aspects of a project of significant scale and/or complexity, application of standards, managing of resources and technical knowledge;
- A commitment to quality, accuracy and on-time delivery;
- Familiarity with Fibre Optic Cable design, installation, testing and commissioning;
- Knowledge of IP LAN and WAN networks and SDH/PDH transmission systems;
- Experience with analogue and digital mobile radio including trunking and LTE systems;
- Experience with design and installation of DC power systems including RPS, batteries, solar power and DC wiring;
- Knowledge of SCADA systems, Building Access and Alarm systems, HMI and other Operational Technologies; and
- Familiarity with Station CCTV, DAVS, Public Address, Emergency Phones, Ticketing Systems and Passenger Information Networks.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World