With approximately over 50,500 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage a Senior Electrical Engineer
, to join our Sydney office. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally and nationally.The Opportunity:
- Work as part of a national multi-disciplinary team to deliver on project goals.
- Manage the overall scope and day-to-day tasks of multiple projects, of varying complexity and size.
- Undertake liaison with project stakeholders including clients and vendors.
- Support and mentor staff, including active participation in the Mentoring Program.
- Active involvement in shaping the industry through committees, industry bodies, delivery papers etc.
- Manage the identification and resolution of project safety risks through contemporary Safety in Design methods, ensuring legislative compliance.
What we love about you:
- HV system design (with multiple power sources)
- Power system studies such as
- Load Flow Study,
- Fault level Study,
- Protection Coordination Study,
- Arc Flash Study
- Harmonic Study
- LV and ELV electrical systems, PLC/telemetry, and Instrumentation and Control design
- Motor lists, cable sizing, cable schedules & IO lists
- Design of electrical schematics including single line diagrams, starter schematics, PLC drawings, loop diagrams, interconnecting diagrams, General Arrangement, terminal block diagrams
- Ability to prepare technical reports on medium to large projects (design reports, condition assessment report)
- Provide technical contribution to proposals and/or pursuits.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Produce high-quality technical documentation, that presents complex information and results effectively, to technical and non-technical clients.
- Undertake field and desktop investigations related to the condition, appropriateness, and capacity of existing electrical infrastructure related to capital upgrades.
- Prepare detailed documentation and specification requirements for Electrical components in order to support procurement and delivery of allocated projects.
- Technical and commercial acumen with a focus on successful outcomes for our projects and our clients.
- Undertake all responsibilities in a safe manner.
What we will offer you:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualifications.
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred, or working towards achieving.
- Typically, 11+ years' relevant professional experience.
- Experience working within an engineering consultancy, or in a design role for a contractor or asset owner.
- Experience in the Water / Wastewater industry is preferred. Ideally within NSW
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in the development of standards, conceptual, and detailed design, and design management of Electrical infrastructure.
- Electrical specific specialist safety knowledge/understanding (protection, arc flash, earthing, hazardous areas, and machine safety principles).
- Knowledge and experience in the application of modelling software and/or analytics techniques. (eg PowerCAD and PTW software)
- Experience interpreting authority standards and electrical requirements (green and brown field projects).
- Good communicating skills with constructors, commissioning engineers, operators and maintainers, and with people working in different disciplines.
- Ability to act as a project manager, or design manager, across several projects.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, create a positive work environment and promote best practice in the workplace.
- High levels of personal integrity, and a desire for continued professional development and improvement as an engineering professional.
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role while managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.