Want to be part of something bigger?
When you join our Building Engineering Team at GHD, you are joining an integrated design studio encompassing Electrical, Hydraulics, Fire Protection, Mechanical, Structural and Sustainability in one collaborative team.
Through this approach, GHD has become a respected leader in the built environment, creating sustainable and inspiring places that everyone can enjoy for generations to come.
If you thrive working as part of a team where your input is valued and contributes to holistic outcomes, then we want you to join us! Following several significant project wins, we are opening our doors to a Senior Electrical Engineer.
In this role you will work as part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary team across a variety of building projects, predominantly focused on the infrastructure, buildings, transport and defence sectors. Your relevant experience in these subsectors will be highly regarded. Working with the Business Group Leader and Team Leaders for Building Engineering, this exciting position has great variety and will see you involved in:
What would you bring to the team?
- Interesting projects through all phases, from tender preparation and design delivery through to construction support.
- Direct client engagement during delivery and active involvement in winning work
- Supervising and mentoring junior team members.
- Provide technical experitise through design, documentation and construction phase services on projects
- Undertaking and managing the design and documentation of Electrical Building Services including electrical power distribution and reticulation systems, lighting design, standby power generation, communications systems, lightning protection and electronic security.
Interested? Apply online now by submitting your CV and Cover Letter
- Degree qualified Engineer with at least 7 years' relevant experience in electrical engineering on buildings projects
- Registered Professional Engineer, Endorsed Building Engineer (Or intention to obtain registration within a year)
- Practical knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and National Code of Construction
- Strong communication, a positive mindset and drive with a passion for creativity and personal development.
- Flexibility to work autonomously and in diverse teams
- Ability to carry out coordinated design in the Revit environment, as well as being proficient with industry standard software (MS Office, PowerCAD, AGI32, Bluebeam).
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.