Through integrated design, GHD has become a respected leader in the built environment. We aim to create spaces that have a visual signature, generate diverse responses, challenge design parameters, and, most importantly, meet the needs of our client and communities. Our integrated teams work in a range of market segments and deliver a breadth of services across the entire life cycle of projects.
Our South Queensland Buildings & Marine group has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the team following several significant project wins. These roles present an opportunity for an established-career Electrical Engineer looking to capitalise on their exceptional technical knowledge and client-facing skills in order to drive their career to the next level.
As an integral member of the team, this senior role will see you joining a team of passionate professionals, supporting a wide range of multidisciplinary projects including health, defence, transport/rail, higher education, retail and commercial projects, and marine and industrial facilities. Reporting through to the Team Leader, Electrical, this position offers great variety and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team
- The delivery of power reticulation and distribution systems, lighting, standby power generation, communications cabling, lightning protection, fire detection and audio-visual designs and calculations;
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects;
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities;
- Provide design, documentation (concept, schematic and detailed design stages) and construction phase services of building services electrical engineering projects; and
- Coordinating the work of the team, mentoring less experienced team members.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Required);
- CPEng / RPEQ Status (Required);
- Working knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand Standards, Electrical Regulations and Building Codes;
- Previous experience across a range of project types including health, defence, transport/rail, higher education, retail and commercial projects;
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management;
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget;
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely; and
- An interest in coaching and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities.
At GHD we recognise that our people have a life outside of work and may need support to balance their responsibilities at home or for other interests. GHD is committed to providing flexible working arrangements and ensuring that our employees maintain a suitable balance between work and home.
Interested? Apply now
Contact Richard Lumb
T: +61 7 3316 4146
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.