A great opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer
to join the GHD Power Group
in any of our major offices. You will be actively involved in leading large-scale Renewable Energy, Transmission & Distribution, Traction and Defence Projects. Working as part of a dynamic team, you will be responsible for investigations, concept and detailed design of electrical substations, distribution and industrial power systems.You will have a Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical plus 8-15 years of experience in design, construction, commissioning of electrical systems, in more than one of the following areas:
- High voltage and low voltage power systems
- Technical bid evaluations
- Electrical equipment solution and specification
- Preparation of engineering design drawings, calculations and reports
- Concept through to detailed design of electrical systems, including coordination within multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in substations primary design, protection and control systems design
This exciting position offers a good variety of work and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- Developing and significantly growing GHD's presence and market share across the power industry
- Engaging with power projects being delivered both across Australia and internationally
- Taking the lead on proposal creation for wining new work
- Growing into a network of likeminded individuals across the business
- Providing mentoring and support to outstanding young engineers
Interested? Apply online now.
- Demonstrable experience working in an EPC or consulting environment, including working closely with clients, contractors, equipment suppliers and/or project developers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external clients clearly and concisely
- Mentor other members of the Power team, building their technical, project and client management skills
- An understanding of the onsite construction realities of Electrical / Power projects is a real advantage
- Project Management qualifications are desirable and an Australian Department of Defence Clearance (or ability to obtain)
- Chartered Professional Engineer or eligible to register as a professional engineer
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.