A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We are seeking a mid to senior level electrical engineer with a passion for major Transport Buildings such as stations and airport projects. To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience electrical buildings services design, ideally for large scale buildings projects and will enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise in this area.
You will also have:
• Recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering;
• Chartership with the Institute of Engineers (Australia) – IE Aust, or Chartership with equivalent associations in other countries or pursuing Chartership;
• 6+ years of building electrical services design experience including coordination, spatial planning and performance of buildings;
• Experience in managing small to medium sized projects, including the supervision of multi-disciplinary project teams where appropriate;
• Sound working knowledge of common electrical building services and simulation software (i.e Revit MEP, Amtech, Dialux, Navisworks);
• Experience with design of lighting and lighting control systems in accordance with energy code requirements including with lighting calculations, occupancy control, and application of state of the art materials to projects.
About the role
The key focus of this role, will be supporting the delivery of a large transport buildings project for which Arup is providing full multi-disciplinary design and technical consultancy services. As part of the NSW Buildings team, this role also covers a broad range electrical design and consulting skills relating to the delivery of complex, large scale integrated transport related developments.
In this role you will:
• Development of electrical power and distribution design concepts for buildings projects with architects, engineers and owners;
• Undertaking a Project Management role for small to medium sized projects;
• Design of electrical systems, lighting, fire alarm, communications systems for complex buildings projects;
• Preparing detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, cost estimates, detailed analyses and other materials;
• Extending relationships with existing key clients to enable an expansion of business opportunities for the MEP team, and other business groups within the region;
• Checking the quality and accuracy of own and others work and assist in development of junior team members.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.