Do you see yourself as part of an energetic and successful team within a strong, forward-looking global company? At KBR you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to world-class projects, work with industry leaders, be rewarded for excellence, innovation and teamwork, and further develop your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Designer to join our Adelaide team and contribute to major projects in our infrastructure business.
To be successful in this role you will be able to complete detailed modelling of building and infrastructure electrical services, including high voltage, low voltage, ICT, security, lighting designs and other electrical disciplines. As an experienced professional you will lead electrical modelling teams, set-up large multi-disciplinary modelling projects, participate in improving BIM activities and assist with project programming / scheduling activities.
As part of the design team you will demonstrate a high level of technical understanding in electrical services disciplines to assist in the efficient development of concept planning for projects and mentor junior designers.
- Modelling of buildings and infrastructure projects using the Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD software packages
- Works within project or engineering discipline-based teams, both KBR and client, under the management of the team leader to contribute to and complete and/or implement designs as required, contributing to engineering projects
- Manage and deliver allocated project work scope generally in the electrical discipline
- Complete work within negotiated standards of time, cost and quality
- Work within Australian Standards, Regulations, KBR engineering and management procedures, or client procedures if applicable, and established industry practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal and external client needs
- Routinely identifying and resolving problems relating to the services
- Achieve a good level of client satisfaction and encouraging follow on work
- Demonstrat a desire to improve quality and efficiency of the services;
- Displaying an appropriate balance of practicality and innovation in your work
Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate Diploma / Diploma in Engineering or similar qualification
- Experience using Revit MEP, AutoCAD and Navisworks software packages for electrical projects
- 7 + years experience using electrical modelling / drafting in buildings and infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience in modelling of ICT (communications services) will be highly advantageous
- Ability to manage diverse projects and associated teams to ensure projects are delivered with excellence
- Experience in coordination of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working within safety, environmental, and quality controls and relevant review and approval processes
- Current defence clearance (or ability to attain) preferred
Benefits of Joining KBR?
As part of the KBR team you will be supported at every stage of your professional development with in-house training, performance rewards and career growth opportunities. We offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that include flexible work hours and an optional rostered Friday off each month!
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40