Senior Design Engineer - Mechanical
Apply now Job ID:
581735 Job type:
Engineering (All disciplines), Design, Architecture and Urban Planning Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Position summary
Working with customers in mining operations for over 80 years, Mineral Technologies
, a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide. ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to recently awarded iron ore beneficiation project, we are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our multi-discipline engineering team based in our Perth CBD office.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will play a lead role and manage all facets of mechanical engineering for our projects from design to completion. Support design team activities by performing mechanical engineering calculations for various elements within a project, taking into consideration the project needs and the standards required. Within this role you will plan, schedule, engineer and manage assigned work packages to meet client expectations regarding design, budget and schedule. Ensure all tasks and activities are conducted within the requirements of the Downer and Mineral Technologies Quality, Environmental and Safety policies. ABOUT YOU
WHAT WE OFFER
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering with solid experience and knowledge of processing plants design.
- Relevant site experience either in construction, commissioning or operations will be considered favourably.
- Experience in wet process plant design (pumping, piping, slurry handling etc) and associated infrastructure.
- High level of understanding of and ability to perform hydraulic calculations for water and slurry pumping systems.
- Demonstrate high level communication skills and problem-solving skills in a design context.
How to apply
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration.
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world.
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do.
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: 04 Aug 2021 W. Australia Standard Time