An excellent opportunity exists in our Townsville
office for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Civil / Geotechnical Engineer.
This is an exciting role which will allow you to develop your career while working with a highly capable and dynamic team.
The Townsville region provides for an enviable work life balance where growth across all market sectors is consistently rising. With growth in the resource sector, as well as agriculture, renewable energy, water resources and general population growth, there is a great need for work in the surface water and mining dam sectors. Working with our accomplished team of specialist engineers in this diverse field will see you involved with:
What you will bring to the team:
- A broad range of projects from mining dams, water dams, tailings dams throughout Northern and Central Queensland.
- Broadening your networks by working with a range of experienced engineers throughout Australia to deliver projects locally.
- Exposure to a broad range of experiences whilst having the ability to develop technically within the fields of dams and tailings.
- Providing technical delivery, with a focus on geotechnical, hydraulic and/or design management skills, which may be applied to dams and tailings project in particular.
- Opportunities to develop client relationship and business development skills under mentorship from team leaders, market leaders, senior engineers etc.
Interested? Apply now
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Civil) or higher qualifications with an aim progressing towards Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) status
- Demonstrated report writing and strong written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ideally have more than 5 years' experience in geotechnical engineering and a proven track record in project and technical delivery, Experience in dams engineering will be highly valued.
- A client focused attitude, working collaboratively with team members.
Contact Hennie Coetzee
T +61 7 3316 3379
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.